The Local Chapter VP of Communications will be responsible for the development, integration, and execution of a broad range of public relation activities relative to the strategic direction of the local chapter and its leadership.
Essential position functions
- Strong project management skills, able to meet deadlines, technical formatting skills, team management, time management skills.
- Strong writing skills, creativity, ability to “know your audience” for the particular topic.
- Proofread all content prior to distribution; obtain approval from Board prior to release.
- Ability to gather information from Board members, excerpts from regional newsletter and whitepapers for content.
- Keep an active calendar of all email blasts, meeting invites, etc, to not overwhelm members.
- Ability to attend 75% of meetings. RSVP promptly and accurately to meeting invites.
- Responsive to fellow officers, members and potential members. Respond to Chapter related e-mails and inquiries within 2 business days.
- Sufficient time to dedicate to a volunteer position. Estimated time for this position is 15 hours per month.
- Commitment to share knowledge through updates and posting of articles to CHKR, the centralized shared knowledge repository for HDI Local Chapter Officers.
- Team leader and team player. Fill in for other officer positions as needed.
Meetings may include:
- Chapter Member Meetings:
- Chapter Board Meeting:
- Regional Officer’s Conference Call
- Local Chapter Officer’s Conference Call – Monthly 1st Wednesday
- The officers meeting at Annual Conference
- Annual Local Chapter Officer’s Summit
- Monthly President’s call: - Last Tuesday of the Month