The Local Chapter Officer Vice President of Programs must assist with the development of Chapter member events. Identify topics, speakers, and meeting agendas with the assistance of other board members, and Chapter members. Chapters reserve the right to add Special Events and other Event Coordinators and divide responsibilities as needed.
Essential position functions
- Works with officer team to schedule meetings and topics pertinent to members needs
- Coordinates all meeting needs including: speaker needs and logistics, AV requirements, handouts, refreshments, etc.
- Keeps speaker contact list for future meetings.
- Works with all officers to create at least a 3-month calendar of speakers and meetings including contingency plan for specified program.
- Ensures speaker-engagement information, including meeting location is available to Chapter Officers at least 30 days prior to meeting.
- Primary contact for developing educational ideas and requests for chapter
- Ability to attend 75% of meetings. RSVP promptly and accurately to meeting invites.
- Responsive to fellow officers, members and potential members. Respond to Chapter related e-mails and inquiries within 2 business days.
- Sufficient time to dedicate to a volunteer position. Estimated time for this position is 15 hours per month.
- Commitment to share knowledge through updates and posting of articles to CHKR, the centralized shared knowledge repository for HDI Local Chapter Officers.
- Team leader and team player. Fill in for other officer positions as needed.
Meetings may include:
- Chapter Member Meetings:
- Chapter Board Meeting:
- Regional Officer’s Conference Call
- Local Chapter Officer’s Conference Call – Monthly 1st Wednesday
- The officers meeting at Annual Conference
- Annual Local Chapter Officer’s Summit
- Monthly President’s call: - Last Tuesday of the Month