HDI believes the HDIConnect online community should be open for everyone in the service management industry. As such, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for not adhering to the Code of Conduct guidelines.
We invite all community members to help us realize a safe and positive community experience for everyone.
Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for everyone, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. You must accept these terms prior to participating in the online community.
By joining and using this online community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. Questions about these guidelines should be directed to HDI’s Customer Care Center via the Contact Us page on this site or by contacting us directly at 800-248-5667 (U.S.), 719-268-0174 (Worldwide) or Support@ThinkHDI.com.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, derogatory, discriminatory, intimidating, abusive, or harassing behavior and speech. Harassment includes: offensive language and comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of posts or messages; inappropriate contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Don't attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in the community, on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post commercial messages (selling, marketing, advertising of products and/or services) within the HDIConnect community, on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- Participants must refrain from using the community or any of its features such as posts, messages, and library items, as a sales and/or marketing outlet for themselves or affiliated third-party vendors. Unsolicited promotional posts are not allowed and will be removed.
- Contributions must be free of promotional messages (including, but not limited to, promotion of products, services, training and events), and sales activities are strictly prohibited. This includes messages posted to the discussion boards and messages sent directly to an individual.
- If a member posts a discussion looking for product or service recommendations that your company's products or services address, the best approach is to ask one of your clients to recommend your products or services on your behalf (rather than posting a promotional response yourself). Members enjoy hearing from other practitioners, and your clients' experience with your products or services will carry far more weight.
- Participants' contributions should be unbiased and free of any conflict of interest. As such, please refrain from making comments about affiliates' or competitors’ products, services or other offerings.
- The member directory is not to be used for sales prospecting. If we discover the directory has been used for such a purpose, the sender will receive a warning. Three successive violations will result in a 30-day ban. Any subsequent transgression will result in a permanent ban.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that HDI and other participants have the right to reproduce postings from this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate list or library. Do not spam several lists, libraries or individuals with the same message.
- All messages on this site must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- When members post to HDIConnect anonymously your post goes through moderation, meaning posts and uploaded resources must be approved by the moderators. All posts and resources will be approved as quickly as possible, with a delay of no greater than 24 hours on business days and 48 hours on weekends.
- Please post job openings/postings in the HDIConnect Job Board community only. Job openings/postings are not allowed in the HDIConnect Ask Your Network community or any other open communities on HDIConnect. Any job openings/postings added to the Ask Your Network community or other open communities in HDIConnect will be removed.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only post a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals – not to the entire community. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in the dropdown to the right of every message
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "Remove me from the list." Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings in your profile under “Contact Details” and “My Account”.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided by HDI as a service for the registered community members of HDIConnect. HDI is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties regarding information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by HDI or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall HDI be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants HDI and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
HDI will monitor the site for inappropriate postings; however, we do not undertake editorial control of postings. Community members should help monitor the content posted on the site and report via the Contact Us link any inappropriate content or postings. If any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of HDI, we will take appropriate action.
HDI reserves the right to review membership at their discretion at any time. Membership in the HDIConnect community is not automatic and may be subject to additional due diligence. In addition, membership may be subject to further review and adjudication by HDI staff. Violation of the Code of Conduct may subject a member to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the community and all related benefits.
HDI reserves the right to moderate individuals or terminate access for any participant who does not abide by these guidelines.
Participation in the HDIConnect online community includes an email subscription to the respective open discussion group(s) and, if applicable, your nearest Chapter discussion group(s). To modify your community email subscriptions, visit your Profile > My Account > Email Preferences. To update your subscription to HDI marketing communications (including communications about events, certification and training, promotions, sponsorship, and other relevant information), visit the HDI Subscription Center. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You may view and adjust your privacy settings by visiting your Profile > My Account > Privacy Settings.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page on this site or by contacting us directly at 800-248-5667 (U.S.), 719-268-0174 (Worldwide) or Support@ThinkHDI.com.
HDIConnect Dispute Resolution Process